Captain Thoughtful and I spent July 4th weekend in Chicago with one of my dearest friends, the divine SJ. It was one of the most spectacular weekends ever – no exaggeration.
Things Chicago Taught Me
1. Pterodactlys are Blackhawk fans
2. Any hot dog that isn’t a Portillo’s hot dog is a pretender to the throne.
3. When dinosaurs roam the Earth again, we are all screwed because those stinkers are huge.
4. If you want to be awed by fireworks, spend your July 4th on the rooftop terrace in the West Loop. You will have a 360° view of every fireworks show in Chicago. I didn’t take a picture because I was too busy reveling in all the awe, so just trust me on this.
5. When you are with bright, fun, and all around lovely people, you are destined to have a fantastic time. Destined I say!