Thank y’all so much for all your suggestions about the things I should learn to do this year. I picked some that I thought would be fun and educational and interesting and one that might make all the blood rush to my brain. It should be a good year.
1. Knitting. This one is my contribution and I feel like my neck will be much warmer for it.
2. Basic German. It was suggested I learn the basics of a language and since I already know the basics of French and Spanish it made the most sense to me to learn German. Also, I can totally order my kolaches from the German bakery in German now. Which is important.
3. 10 second handstand. I loved this idea from the beginning. And I plan on making it happen. Come hell or brain explosion (which I ‘m told it not something that can actually happen but I’m pretty sure that’s a lie doctors tell you so everyone doesn’t panic about their brains exploding)
4. Calligraphy. I have not so great handwriting, which is what happens when you’re a left handed kid with a right handed teacher. Now, everyone will have to tell me how pretty my handwriting is. That’s what they call a comeback kids.
5. Make a delicious meal Captain Thoughtful loves. That would be shrimp and grits y’all. We really can’t get enough of it. And I plan on making the most delicious rendition of it this side of New Orleans. For Captain Thoughtful. Because I’m a good wife. Not because I love shrimp and grits too. But that’s part of it.
6. Learn the ukulele. Again. Except this time, I’m going to focus on learning one song instead of mastering the instrument. So, you know, baby steps.
I hope the New Year is treating you all well!!