So, I have laryngitis right now, which is as unpleasant to experience as it is to spell. However, I’m choosing to look on the bright side. Why? Well, because as I understand it, the dark side is very unpleasant and maybe the bad guy who uses it is really your Father and that just makes everything uber-confusing and also aliens are involved somehow. I’ll stick to the bright side, thank you, and in that spirit, here are some good things about having laryngitis.
- I sound pretty great singing along to Isaac Hayes. Can you dig it?
- I have an excuse not to talk to someone I don’t want to talk to.
- I can justify eating ice cream at any time of the day because it feels good on my throat.
- I can imitate a man much better. It’s taken my mocking to a whole new level.
- When I perform Kathleen Turner monologues from ‘Romancing The Stone’, it sounds way more authentic.
- Prank calls just got a whole lot easier.
You know something? If this didn’t involve a sore throat, I think I would quite like laryngitis. I mean, if I sounded like this all the time I could totally start an Isaac Hayes tribute band without it sounding ridiculous. Alas, in a few days that will only be a far-fetched dream.