Sometimes, girlfriends of mine ask me for advice on guys. Why? I have no clue. It’s not as if I lead by example. Although, I do talk a good game. And I’m pretty sure all my advice is brilliant. So, I guess that’s why they ask. Anyway, I thought I might share some of my guy advice here, that way I can just tell my friends to read my blog when they ask for my thoughts on their romantic situations.
Here’s what I know about guys.
1. Food does work. Bake some cookies, cupcakes, or something else sweet, they like that. Unless they have some type of allergy- in which case, you might have caused them to be really sick. Probably not going to work out with that guy.
2. Smile. I heard somewhere that guys like happy looking girls. But don’t smile if you don’t feel like it. I heard guys don’t like girls who act fake.
3. If a guy shows up somewhere with a girl, it is NEVER his sister. Never. It’s always his girlfriend, date, girl he wants to date/make-out with.
4. Burping on a first date is never a good thing. From you or him.
5. Try and laugh a lot. I have no proof that this is something guys like but it seems like if you’re going to be spending a lot of time with someone you might as well be laughing.
6. Don’t make excuses. If someone treats you poorly, end it. You deserve better.
7. Use mouthwash. Frequently.
8. Probably best not to let him read your blog for a while. That could just be me though…
9. Curl your eyelashes. Every one of my best romantic experiences has occurred when my eyelashes were curled. You do the math.
10. Don’t overshare. Too much too soon is just too much. Trust me, he doesn’t want to know about how gross and pus-filled your throat got after your tonsels were taken out. Also off limits (at least at first) would be anything to do with your menstruation, pooping, zits, or how much weight you’ve gained recently.
And that’s about it. Usually any problem you are having with a guy you like or are dating can be solved by one of those 10 things. You’re welcome.