I took a little look-see through my subscribers list. What I found there both shocked and delighted me. More than half of my subscribers are from the UK!!! Why? How? I don’t care, I just love how international I am! Also, I have a deep love of the United Kingdom as I studied there for a semester when I was in University and it was one of the best times of my life. So, considering my love of the UK and that so many of the people who love this blog are from the UK, I think all of the following are reasonable conclusions.
1. I will become a Dame. “Dame Girl on the Contrary”. (Damn Girl on the Contrary is probably more apt….)
2. I will become a knight. Which means I can challenge you to a duel if you offend me. Also, I get to carry a sword.
3. I am officially allowed to say “cheers” instead of “thank you” without sounding like I’m trying too hard.
4. I become an official and much loved member of Monty Python- because I’m hilarious and English people love me.
5. My iffy English accent will automatically be considered “accurate”.
6. I get dual-citizenship. (i.e. no more angry looks at my passport when I travel through Europe.)
7. Pret A Manager will FINALLY open in Austin at my behest.
8. All of my favorite UK bands will have to play gigs in Austin more often. (I’m looking at you Mumford&Sons, Florence + the Machine, and Adele)
9. BBCRadio1 will fly me to London for an interview where I will make everyone laugh so hysterically they will declare that day Girl on the Contrary Day and the whole crowd will shout Huzzah!
10. I get a crown.
So, to all my subscribers from the UK- thank you so much…I mean, cheers! I appreciate all the cross Atlantic love you are showing. Holla!